Sunday, February 7, 2010

Christ In You


His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption of the world... - 2 Peter 1:3,4
God wants to work inside us and place his "divine nature" in our very hearts and souls. When a person asks Jesus to forgive him of his sins, that old sinful part is done away with. Just as Jesus died on the cross to get rid of sin, in the same way, we are to spiritually "kill" the evil desires that we sometimes have.

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." The Spirit of Christ works in us when we invite Him too!

Here's a few more verses to read about this:

Galatians 5:24,
Romans 8:9,10,
2 Corinthians 5:17,
and Colossians 1:27 (This is the one for which we learned sign language. Remember?)

Each day we need to say, "Jesus, I will live for you. I will die to my own selfish desires. I choose you and your way." And the Holy Spirit will help you to do it!

No comments: