Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Freedom!

Today I find myself at Assembly Park Camp in Northern Wisconsin. I, and most of my family, are kids camp speakers here with a great group of kids and staff. It took about five hours to drive here from Willmar.

Last night I shared the message of Jesus' sacrifice and saw many children, for the first time. commit their lives to Christ.

It made me think about how wonderful it is to live in a country like this, where we can tell others about our faith in Jesus. Not everyone can do that around the world. Some places will not allow people to talk about Jesus.

Right now, my daughter Brooke, is in Guatamala. She is there with Greg Phillips (who did our Family Extravaganza a year ago.) They are going into orphanages, schools, and prisons telling people there about Jesus too.

As our special guest, Jeff Struecker, said on Sunday morning. We should be thankful for our freedom as a country. But, God wants us to have freedom spiritually too.

You may read about that in John 8:34-36. Take time to read that today, and be thankful that Jesus' sets us free from sin!

See you soon!

No comments: